BSL Coach Education Update
Dear Members, we would like to provide everyone with a brif update regarding the our Coach Education programme and the milestones which have been set to enable delivery of the Level 2 in November 2017 (Target delivery date December 2017):
Next course 19th & 20th August 2017 (8.30am to 5pm both days) in the BSL Bridgeton High Performance Centre, Glasgow. Subject to the Kincorth Club from Aberdeen confirming it sability to stage a further course, a further course will be delivered on 16th & 17th September 2017.
We will also look to stage one further level one course in October 2017 in the BSL Eastern District and we would welcome nominating which may be interested in staging this course.
BSL Level 2 – Key Milestones
We also aspire to deliver our first Level 2 course by the last weekend of November 2017.
We will confirm all modules and a brief description of the subjects contained in each module in further consultations with the SQA.
By the end of August 2017, we will have researched, developed and planned all the course material that will be contained in each module. we will then agree on the assessment process and format all material gathered to be transferred into SQA format.
October will see us conduct any required approval meetings with the SQA and also plan the Operational delivery of Level 2 (and future Level 1’s courses).
The 3 Principle Aims of the BSL level course are as follows:
- Ensure the candidate promotes safe and ethical sport under guidance, ensuring a healthy and safe environment for all participants during an activity session whilst promoting the relevant code of practice / conduct for the sport;
- Enable the candidate to prepare for the delivery of a coaching activity, by creating a coaching activity plan for Boxing under guidance whilst planning efficient use of resources;
- Ensure the candidate can conduct and review the delivery of a coaching activity, from undertaking pre-activity checks to allow for meaningful and safe activities to actual delivery and subsequent evaluation;
Please note that both these courses will be limited to 25 applicants who will be treated on a first come first served basis. BSL will also publish regualr updates on course subscriptions and when they become fully subscribed.
As the Level 1 Course is designed to qualify each candidate to carry out the roles & responsibilities of an Assistant Club Coach, priority will be given to individuals who are registered BSL coaches.
All applications should be submitted for the Glasgow course (scheduled to take place on 19 & 20 August 2017)to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be submitted for the Aberdeen course (scheduled to take place on 16 & 17 September 2017)to email@example.com
The following details should be included within each application:
- Name, address & Date of Birth;
- BSL Coach Registration Number;
- Contact No & Email address
- A brief summary of boxing experience or sport in general
- PVG Certification number.
The course fee will be £175 for registered BSL Coaches. Please note clubs that are registered with their Local Authority/Leisure Trust club accreditation scheme may be eligible for further financial assistance to help their coaches attend the course.
The course fee for non BSL registered individuals will be £250.
*PLEASE NOTE – there is a specified amount of “Home Assignment” work to be carried out by each individual prior to the course, which is outlined in the Pre-Course Pack. Until further notice, the Pre-Course Pack will be sent out electronically (via email) to all candidates. Therefore, all candidates must ensure they have access to a computer and printer in order for the Pack to be printed out.
In addition, each candidate will also be sent the BF Education document pack (an independent agent working alongside BSL for SQA qualification purposes), which again requires printing out and completed as instructed.