Boxing Scotland was established in 2000 with the specific mission to promote and develop Boxing in Scotland.
It is recognised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA), UK Sport, the Scottish Government and sportscotland as the official and only acknowledged Scottish National Governing Body for the Olympic and Commonwealth Games sport of AIBA Open Boxing (AOB).
Our Vision and mission, as articulated in our 2019 – 2023 strategic plan are as follows:
- To include, influence & inspire
Through the delivery of boxing in Scotland to promote and develop:
- Physical health & wellbeing;
- Mental health & wellbeing; and
- Social cohesion.
- To increase the number of people of all ages and abilities participating in boxing;
- To support and develop stronger, more sustainable clubs,
- To enhance participation from grassroots to performance level;
- To ensure continuous improvement in the governance of boxing in Scotland.
Based in our state of the art Glasgow High-Performance Centre (The Home of Scottish Boxing), Boxing Scotland we have a Board of Directors, led by our Chair Kevin Bell, which has the overall responsibility for the management and strategic direction of the organisation. We have seven staff members, led by our Chief Executive Officer Chris Roberts, who directly report to the Board of Directors.