West Regional Sporting Partnership Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Boxing Scotland, one of Scotland’s leading Governing Bodies of Sport and we are looking to appoint a new West Region Development Officer. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to grow the sport in the West of Scotland.
The main objectives of the role will be:
- Grow membership on an annual basis in existing, targeted clubs in the West Region/District;
- Provide support and guidance to any new club in the West Region/District;
- Create, develop and maintain partnerships between schools, clubs, local authorities and higher/further education to ensure the long term future of clubs in the West Region/District;
- To identify and develop at least one club which provides the correct environment to develop boxers to performance level;
- Identify suitable development opportunities for officials, volunteers and coaches in the West Region/District;
- Delivering against the relevant outcomes/KPI’s identified within Boxing Scotland 2019 – 2023 Strategic Plan “On The Front Foot” and Development Plan “Building New Foundations”;
- Build the profile of Boxing in the West Region/District and related Regional Sport Partnership area.
The Boxing Scotland Regional Club Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Increasing participation in Boxing;
- Growing Boxing Scotland membership;
- Creating strong sustainable clubs;
- Maintaining, updating and providing clear data for all targeted clubs;
The post holder will report to the Boxing Scotland Chief Executive Officer and will be an integral part of the Boxing Scotland team.
The post will be based in the Boxing Scotland office/High Performance Centre in Glasgow
Salary – circa £25,000 per annum plus pension contribution (Dependent on Experience)
Application forms and a role descriptor can be downloaded below:
Completed applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 17:00 hours. They should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted and marked:
Private & Confidential
Boxing Scotland West RDO application
1st Floor Olympia Building, 2-16 Orr Street,
Candidates invited for interviews will be informed of confirmed dates in due course.
Boxing Scotland is an equitable employer and welcomes applications from people from all communities.