Dear Club Members,
Further to the 9th August move to Beyond Level 0 Scottish Government has updated its website in a number of areas. As previously advised we are undertaking a full review of guidance and information we provide with further information noted below.
As you may have picked up over the last few weeks positive Covid-19 cases continue to rise as does the number of people in hospital. We are in uncertain times which means there is potential for changes to legislation and guidance at short notice. If at any time you do have any specific questions please don’t hesitate to contact your Regional Development Manager who will escalate internally as appropriate.
Urgent Message from the Cabinet Secretary for Health & Social Care
In addition to the First Ministers update on Friday we have received a letter from the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care, Humza Yousaf MSP asking our sector to play its part – as part of a collective wider effort – to step up efforts to reduce the spread of the virus. “keeping your distance” messaging
It is in the interests of all of us to promote good practice as we continue to deal with the pandemic so please relay the Ministers messaging to associated clubs, participants, partners and others involved in our sector.
Please find attached version 22 of the guidance BSL-COVID-19-OVERVIEW-GUIDANCE-v-22 with-a-return-to-Event-Competition
Return to Sport & Physical Activity Guidance (RTS)
Updated guidance will be published today, 30 August 2021, on our website at Latest sport and physical activity guidance. The majority of changes relate to wording to ensure the document is up to date in respect of legislation and Beyond Level 0 guidance and baseline measures. Changes are highlighted in yellow within the guidance document with a brief summary of key points noted below;
- Table A – updated Beyond Level 0 participation section to confirm participation numbers should be agreed with LA or as would normally be the case (the 5000 and 2000 limit now refers to spectators only). Please check with your venue or facility as this will/may be tightly controlled by Local Authorities.
- Getting Your Facilities Fit For Sport document now replaced with “Keeping Your Facilities Fit for Sport”. Name changed in guidance but link the same.
- Appendix 1 – now updated to “Beyond Level 0” (this was previously Appendix 2)
- Appendix 2 – now updated to include “Level 4” (this was previously Appendix 1)
- Baseline Measures – it is extremely important that baseline measures continue to be promoted including wearing of face coverings indoors, hygiene, test and protect and “keeping your distance” messaging. There is also information within the Return To Sport & Physical Activity guidance (RTS) which strongly supports the messaging received from the Cabinet Secretary.
sportscotland Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources
As noted in our previous update we have been reviewing guidance within the Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources. This includes:
- Keeping your facilities fit for sport – sportscotland has finalised a new document for Beyond Level 0 which will shortly be available on our website. They have simplified the guidance but added more specific information around a number of areas including good ventilation, hygiene and cleaning which will be key moving forward.
- Getting coaches ready for sport– section updated including a checklist to support coaches. They are also reviewing and finalising Covid Officer and Awareness training modules and will update shortly.
- Return to Competitions and Events– this is currently being reviewed and will be updated. The main changes relate to Domestic (UK & Scotland) competition or events that no longer require SG sign-off, however, if an event or competition involves international participants then it should continue to be flagged to the Scottish Government for awareness and sign-off. In advance of guidance being updated if you have any queries please do not hesitate to raise them with your Regional Development Officer who will escalate as appropriate.
Please continue to keep an eye on the guidance and make any necessary changes your clubs may require.
Remember – Keep your Guard up.